Just when you may have thought that Caribou Barbie was back in the wilds of Alaska for good… hunting elk or moose or bear or wolves from helicopters, she emerges from the tundra to spark headlines in the news once again. The former half-term governor and half-witted right-wing political darling—who could have been just a heartbeat away from the presidency had John McCain won the election in 2008—made some “colorful” comments recently at the annual association meeting of the National Rifle Association. Mama Grizzly captivated her rapt audience with her pro-gun/pro-torture talk. You betcha!
Some highlights from Palin’s NRA speech:
- Palin thinks that creating gun-free zones in schools and other buildings is “stupid on steroids.”
- Palin said, “Maybe our kids could be defended against criminals on the spot if more Mama Grizzlies carried.”
- Palin continued by criticizing the Obama administration, which, she said “wants you ID’d for that? Well, then go ahead and carry a sign too. A sign that says ‘Yeah, I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.'”
- Palin added, “See, our patience is running thin. It’s being teased and tempted by some intellectual elite in some far distant capital wanting us to abandon even the ideas of the American revolution.”
- Palin opined on liberals: “Do you know why those clownish little Kumbaya-humming fairytale-inhaling liberals want to be tough all of a sudden and control your guns? It’s ‘cuz guys like [Sen.] Al Franken (D-MN) and [Senate Majority Leader] Harry Reid (D-NV), they’re not satisfied with just taking your money and your job, your truck and your property and your rights, your healthcare – they didn’t want to just stop at that.”
- Palin told her audience how things would be different if she were in control. Referring to suspected terrorists who are prisoners of our government, she said, “They obviously have information on plots to carry out Jihad. Oh, but you can’t offend them, can’t make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen. Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”
Sarah Palin: If I Were President ‘Waterboarding Is How We’d Baptize Terrorists’
Oh…my achin’ head!