Just when you may have thought that Caribou Barbie was back in the wilds of Alaska for good… hunting elk or moose or bear or wolves from helicopters, she emerges from the tundra to spark headlines in the news once again. The former half-term governor and half-witted right-wing political darling—who could have been just a heartbeat away from the presidency had John McCain won the election in 2008—made some “colorful” comments recently at the annual association meeting of the National Rifle Association. Mama Grizzly captivated her rapt audience with her pro-gun/pro-torture talk. You betcha!
Some highlights from Palin’s NRA speech:
- Palin thinks that creating gun-free zones in schools and other buildings is “stupid on steroids.”
- Palin said, “Maybe our kids could be defended against criminals on the spot if more Mama Grizzlies carried.”
- Palin continued by criticizing the Obama administration, which, she said “wants you ID’d for that? Well, then go ahead and carry a sign too. A sign that says ‘Yeah, I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.'”
- Palin added, “See, our patience is running thin. It’s being teased and tempted by some intellectual elite in some far distant capital wanting us to abandon even the ideas of the American revolution.”
- Palin opined on liberals: “Do you know why those clownish little Kumbaya-humming fairytale-inhaling liberals want to be tough all of a sudden and control your guns? It’s ‘cuz guys like [Sen.] Al Franken (D-MN) and [Senate Majority Leader] Harry Reid (D-NV), they’re not satisfied with just taking your money and your job, your truck and your property and your rights, your healthcare – they didn’t want to just stop at that.”
- Palin told her audience how things would be different if she were in control. Referring to suspected terrorists who are prisoners of our government, she said, “They obviously have information on plots to carry out Jihad. Oh, but you can’t offend them, can’t make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen. Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”
Sarah Palin: If I Were President ‘Waterboarding Is How We’d Baptize Terrorists’
Oh…my achin’ head!
Palin at NRA meeting: ‘Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists’ (The Hill)
Sarah Palin: ‘Waterboarding Is How We’d Baptize Terrorists’ If I Were In Charge (Huffington Post)
Sarah Palin tells NRA attendees: ‘Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists’ (Raw Story)
One can conclude two things definitely about Sarah’s appearance before this audience.
1. She was getting a generous speakers fee.
2. Those there were turned on by the macho in her talk and in their masturbatory fantasies imagined her as their demanding BDSM Mistress.
I’m sorry I got nauseated just reading this.
Elaine, I hope all finds you well.
IMHO:Sarah to a tee.
“ir•rel•e•vance (ɪˈrɛl ə vəns)
1. the quality or condition of being irrelevant.
2. an irrelevant thing, act, etc.”
“ Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”
Wait, wasn’t she running for Vice President?
Separation of Powers in the 21st century. The office of the vice president is in charge of torture.
That may be one of the funniest yet saddest things I’ve ever seen you write.
Sorry, but the chicken shit nick is posting on other threads like nothing has happened….. Arrrrreerrrrrrrggggggg
Of course he is. I’ve also noticed that after he attacks someone enough to draw fire, he then spams some other thread with enough crap to drive the offending posts (and responses) off the “Recent Comments” widget.
Thanks for putting the image of Palin as a dominatrix in my head, Mike. Now, I just may have to get my wife a Sarah Palin mask.
If she wore more leather during the campaign, things might have been different.
Seriously though, if you’re too stupid for Peggy Noonan, then you gotta be pretty godamn stupid.
Elaine, I’ve always enjoyed your posts and I look forward to continuing that for a long time to come.
“Thanks for putting the image of Palin as a dominatrix in my head, Mike”
I’m pondering deleting your comment for accusing me of manipulating you. 🙂
That may be one of the funniest yet saddest things I’ve ever seen you write.”
I disagree. Pete has posted some laugh out loud funny comments in the past. This comment was his wittiest and most insightful, but seriously no laughing matter.
I’ll buy that reading of it, Mike.
My sense of humor can be darker than some.
Why doesn’t Sarah simply invite her Pentecostal witch doctor friend to return to Wasilla and perform exorcisms on terror suspects?
I presume the Republican-pretty psychopathic whore is just after another paycheck.
There isn’t anything she won’t mouth, as long as the cash register rings loud enough.
NSFW lyrics, but when it comes to Palin, you can get this lapdance here for free . . .
I think I have heard enough about the Pentecostal Wiccan.
Yeah, but on the other hand, AY, she is pretty well marginalized politically at this point. She has about the same chance of getting elected to major office as Lyndon LaRouche. What is unfortunate though is that her antics add to the sideshow atmosphere that people like the Kochs rely upon to draw attention from their frankly nefarious and dangerous schemes.
In a way she provides an indirect (and inadvertent) service, the more she talks the more normal people she alienates from the very crowd that is her audience, and the more she marginalizes her audience. But they still vote Republican, and that increases the dilemma for Republican politicians. I am sure that is fine with her, she doesn’t give a crap about the politicians or her audience, as long as the rubes keep tucking dollars under her belt.
OT but interesting.
Anybody check out Scalia’s latest?
Justice Scalia Makes Epic Blunder In Supreme Court Opinion
“Scalia’s dissent also contains a hugely embarrassing mistake. He refers to the Court’s earlier decision in American Trucking as involving an effort by EPA to smuggle cost considerations into the statute. But that’s exactly backwards: it was industry that argued for cost considerations and EPA that resisted. This gaffe is doubly embarrassing because Scalia wrote the opinion in the case, so he should surely remember which side won! Either some law clerk made the mistake and Scalia failed to read his own dissent carefully enough, or he simply forgot the basics of the earlier case and his clerks failed to correct him. Either way, it’s a cringeworthy blunder.” (Dan Farber, UC Berkeley School of Law … http://legal-planet.org/2014/04/29/more-about-epas-victory/ )
Scalia read part of his dissent from the bench … mockingly stating, “Look Ma, no hands!” But the echo he’s hearing is, “Look Ma, no brains!”
Oh lord why don’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz, my friend are all republicans can you help me make amends. Dancing for Dollars seems to been in the past, I now just open my mouth up and compete with my ass.
The Koch brothers are so firmly in place, it’s hard to get around without some disgrace, oh lord why don’t you but me a Mercedes Benz. I was governor of Alaska, socialist as they are, I quit midterm to avoid more legal issues. I fired by sisters husband as head of the state police. You’d think people would remember that I’m just a wat to be.
Caribou Barbie has nothing on me, I’ve shown more than any man can bear to see. Oh lord why font you buy me…..
“She has about the same chance of getting elected to major office as Lyndon LaRouche.”
She gets all her ego stroking and money making done without having to do all the hard work of being in office, why bother to run?
Actually, I think she could win a governorship or US senator if she picked the right state to move to. They sure do love her in Texas, for instance.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/20/sarah-palin-ted-nugent_n_4823763.html Greg Abbott campaigns with Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent.
There is that, Gyges.
isn’t sarah a little old for ted? she is over 18