By Elaine Magliaro
I hadn’t enjoyed drinking a Rum Swizzle since 1969–the year my husband and I honeymooned in Bermuda–when I got the idea to search for recipes for the cocktail on the Internet recently. I selected one recipe that I tweaked a bit. My taste testers enjoyed my Rum Swizzles…and requested that I make another batch.
Rum Swizzle Ingredients
- 4 oz. Gosling’s Bermuda Black Rum
- 4 oz. Gosling’s Gold Bermuda Rum
- 2 oz. Triple Sec
- 2 oz. Falernum*
- 5 oz. pineapple juice
- 5 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
- 4 or 5 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
* If you can’t find Falernum, you can substitute simple syrup for it.
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir vigorously. Pour drink mixture into cocktail glasses filled with ice. Garnish each drink with an orange slice and Maraschino cherry.
NOTE: This is the brand of Falernum that I have used to make my Rum Swizzles: