By Elaine Magliaro
This is a good autumn/winter cocktail.
- 2 parts vodka (pear vodka, if you have it)
- 2 parts pear puree*
- 1 part pear liqueur (I use Mathilde Poire Liqueur)
- 1 part freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
- 1 part simple syrup (You can use a smaller amount of syrup if you prefer your cocktail less sweet.)
* It’s best to use pears that are well-ripened and juicy.
- Run a wedge of lemon around the rim of a martini glass.
- Dip rim in sugar.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour martini mix into shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain pear martini into martini glass and garnish with a pear slice.