By Elaine Magliaro
This sidecar cocktail recipe is for my cyber-buddy Blouise. It’s a great drink to serve during the holiday season.
- 4 ounces Cognac
- 3 ounces Grand Marnier
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in all ingredients listed above and shake vigorously.
- Pour cocktail mixture–along with the ice–into old-fashioned glasses. Add more ice, if needed.
- You can also serve the sidecars straight up in martini glasses.
- Before pouring the cocktail mixture into the glasses, sugar the rims by running a wedge of lemon around them. Then dip the rims in sugar.
- Plump a handful of dried cherries in an ounce or more of Cognac by heating in microwave for 40-50 seconds on high. Thread several cherries on small wooden skewers. Place skewers on top of the cocktail glasses.
- Note: You can use the skewers as swizzle sticks to stir your drink. It adds a little extra flavor.
NOTE: This recipe makes 2-3 drinks.