Another Fine Addition to the FFS Family!

I am pleased – no – overjoyed to announce the addition of Elaine Magliaro to the Flowers for Socrates author roll call.  If you don’t know her passionate and well researched work from other blogs like Res Ipsa Loquitur, you will know it once you start reading her future contributions to Flowers for Socrates.  Welcome aboard, Elaine!

About Gene Howington

I write and do other stuff.
This entry was posted in FFS Update(s). Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Another Fine Addition to the FFS Family!

1. Blouise says:

Now I’m crying again! Tears of joy. I will find a suitable video but serious thought must be put into the search.
    The 3 little old ladies are back together.

2. gbk says:

Yay!! Very nice to read this bit of news. I’ve always enjoyed your writing, Elaine.

Blouise,

Thanks for the email heads-up btw. I’ve been humping on the VW, finally all done. The brakes gave me a hard time, but all is well now. V (my wife) actually gets to start driving it tomorrow.

Take care.

3. pdm says:

Wonderful, wonderful news. I hope you will keep up your good work for teachers and unions.

4. Elaine M. … I wish I had paid more attention in school when I was young. Your posts have fact, opinion and links to your topic. I am in awe, and maybe a bit hyperbolic in my eagerness to be able to read you on here. …. Five years ago, Randi Rhodes, and Rachel Maddow use to back their stuff up with links, and explorative expositive stuff. They seem to have slacked off a bit.
    Thank you for your goodly stuff.

5. Blouise says:

gbk,
    Tex just sunk some more money into a grandchild’s car. Next lifetime I’m coming back as a mechanic.
    As to the email … it was selfish on my part … you and eniobob are important people in my world

Welcome Elaine you are a valuable addition and I’m personally grateful that you’ve come aboard. It seems like old times and I’m feeling good.

7. Blouise says:

Mon amie Elaine,

Blouise

don’t do it (the mechanic thing). it makes you a sarcastic a-hole who never answers the phone.

or maybe that’s just me.

i am declaring war on huff post though

glad you’re here, Elaine. looking forward to your posts.

9. Blouise says:

pete,
    lol

With 5 grandchildren driving used cars, Tex gives so much money to his mechanic that the guy has asked him to serve as godfather to his new baby.

10. Oky1 says:

Elaine,

I glad to see you guys all hook up.

I’m a late comer to your efforts with JT blog & so I’m sure I don’t understand.

At the same time I’ve known Professor Turley’s work from years back.

On Law & Constitutional matters he’s be the public voice that allows the words I can not put together to be heard.

I’m not sure everyone realizes just how important & at the same time risky Professor Turley’s comments were last month in front of the Congressional House Judiciary Committee.

He was asked by some to show those ahole polecats the road out of this mess & I’m satisfied he & the others there did all that could be expected.

I’m a funny loyal kinda a guy so I’m winging this thing right now.

Don’t worry everyone, if I get pissed no one will be confused. 🙂

Other then that Elaine nice to see you here.

11. Oky1 says:

Blouise,

I’ve been blessed, I can fix a lot of stuff, professional.

The great thing about being able to do mechanic work on cars is with the kids I got to decide just how long I thought they need to cool their heals before I ran out of excuses to fix the vehicles & turn them back loose on society.

If it wasn’t broke it was easy enough to break it for a time. 🙂

12. Oky1 says:

**Mike Spindell says:
    January 9, 2014 at 10:49 pm **

Beautiful song, excellent welcome Mike. (smile)

13. gbk says:

Blouise,

“As to the email … it was selfish on my part … ”

I don’t know what you mean. I perceived no selfishness; it was a highlight of many months – really was. Thanks for clueing me in.

I know what you mean about coming back as a mechanic. I’m starting to wish the same, but it would have to be a mechanic with a full car lift at a minimum — or at least a level driveway. Things are so much easier when you can walk under the car.

I’m far from a motorhead, actually I hate having to own a car and spend as little as possible on them. But, V wanted this car – and I’ve learned much about internal combustion in the last few months due to her desire.

Isn’t “spark plug” a double entendre?

14. Blouise says:

gbk,

lol

pete,

I love sarcasm. It’s my favorite medium for dealing with a-holes.

16. Anonymously Yours says:

Elaine’s good too…. Excellent…. Writers….