Picture of the Day for June 25, 2015: Regarding Fox News and Facts

Posted by Elaine Magliaro

FoxNewsCanofStupid

NOTE: the following AlterNet article is an excerpt from Chris Mooney’s book The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science and Reality.

The Science of Fox News: Why Its Viewers Are the Most Misinformed
Authoritarian people have a stronger emotional need for an outlet like Fox, where they can find affirmation and escape factual challenges to their beliefs.

This entry was posted in Humor, Media, United States and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Picture of the Day for June 25, 2015: Regarding Fox News and Facts

1. blouise17 says:

The selective exposure can certainly be seen in the Confederate flag controversy. The snowball effect has stunned many Confederate sympathisers because they had long contorted the evidence (heritage and culture) to fit their beliefs rather than conforming those beliefs to the evidence (slavery and racist). The properly informed overwhelmed the misinformed very quickly.

Court takes Obama’s side on the HCA…. 6-3 decision.

swarthmoremom,

The eyeballs in the talking heads at Fox News must be spinning out of control at the moment. It might be interesting to watch Fox tonight–just for fun.

They are probably going insane right now on the Fox Business Channel.

5. The SCOTUS did not rule on same sex marriage today. They are finished for today. More opinions coming tomorrow and Monday. I am sure everyone recalls the Supreme Court declining to hear a same-sex marriage case after three federal appeals courts struck down marriage bans. It wasn’t until the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a ban, that the Court decided to hear the case(s).

I don’t know if that means anything or not, but given today’s decision, maybe we can get a sniff of how the wind is blowing. SCOTUSblog says they will start their session at 10:00 EDT in the morning.

6. mespo727272 says:

Chuck:
    “he SCOTUS did not rule on same sex marriage today. They are finished for today. More opinions coming tomorrow and Monday. I am sure everyone recalls the Supreme Court declining to hear a same-sex marriage case after three federal appeals courts struck down marriage bans. It wasn’t until the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a ban, that the Court decided to hear the case(s).”

****************

I think we’re seeing institutional evolution. As the court moves from its arch-conservatism to something approaching a moderate stance, one can only hope that it ultimately matures to something approaching reasonableness and completely eschews politicization.

Imagine that on a court with Scalia, Alito and Long Dong! Ah, one can dream.

7. blouise17 says:

They are probably going insane right now on the Fox Business Channel. SwM

Yep, but I don’t think I’ll watch it. This has relieved a great deal of quiet anxiety for many.

8. mespo727272 says:

blouise:

I’m hearing an explosion from somewhere near Madison, WI. May just be a blast of hot air though. 😀

9. I. Annie says:

It’s good to see Roberts sticking to principle. I’m sure conservatives are cursing his name and President Bush today for appointing him. Lots of exploding heads all over the right wing blogosphere.

10. I. Annie says:

I saw Turley on CNN, he was quite subdued.

11. blouise17 says:

mespo,

There’s a lot of hot air there. I think this was still more political than not. Republicans didn’t want the backlash of all those people losing their health insurance as we head into the Presidential election.

In a way I think timing has saved the HCA.

12. mespo727272 says:

Anniie:
    Turley has much to be subdued about.

Turley still has his HCA suit…. the one he is doing for John Boehner and the republican house.