US Naval Institute Publishes Report on Russia/US Interests

There is a 43 page report to Congress on U.S. interests in Russia dated March 1, 2017 from the Congressional Research Service. The  report has the sub-title “Russia: Background and U.S. Interests” this report has the names and other information on Putin’s pals and has information about who has the connections to them.

Dead Russians

The sanctions and malicious cyber attacks are included, and are worth reading in particular. Congress has the information, it is up to them to act upon it.

About Terry Welshans

I grew up in Burbank, California. My dad worked at a company that made sub assemblies for about every airplane made in the 1960-1970 era, so it was only natural that the aviation bug bit me while I was quite young. I hold a commercial pilot certificate and fly as much as I can. I live in Bardstown, Kentucky with my wife, moving here after we retired. I am a Vietnam veteran and a cancer survivor. I like to keep politicians honest, and do so when they open an avenue where I feel they have erred.
This entry was posted in Congress, Politics, Russia, United States. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to US Naval Institute Publishes Report on Russia/US Interests

1. The first thing that occurred to me upon seeing this, is to wonder if the administration will try to squelch the USNI, as they have other agencies. For example, the new EPA director has eliminated any mention of global warming or climate change from their public statements. WH insiders are saying the quickest way to get fired is to mention climate change out loud. Now this. I suppose the quick route to a pink slip is to bring this up in the West Wing.

What happens if the Navy is ordered to quash any further investigations and withdraw all public statements regarding the Trump/Putin connection? I doubt that will set well with the intel community.

President Bannon and his assistant president want to keep their own mole in the NSC. Gen. McMaster reassigned this guy in order to replace him with an expert. Trump and Bannon are saying their hand-picked 30 y/o “expert” stays on the NSC.

2. rafflaw says:

I think Trump is on his way out. McCain and Graham are going to make sure the investigations will continue. Let’s hope he doesn’t do irreparable damage before he is ousted.

3. Terry Welshans says:

I think USNI is safe as it is not a government agency per se. It is not exactly a social organization, but not a news agency either. I have been a member for a few years.

4. bigfatmike says:

In biology we have the concept of the self limiting predator – a predator so successful that it eats all the prey before it can propagate.

One has to wonder if the AHCA will drive away enough Trump voters in time to limit the damage done by the GOP?

is it possible the GOP could be so successful they alienate all their voters and prevent even worse things from happening?

Well … Ryan and his crew have been very successful.

• Terry Welshans says:

BFM: That is a good outcome and I see it happening where I live. Lots of talk about the “new” plan being better and cheaper, but that is not likely. Lots of “deer in the head lights” around town when they see $10k deductibles and $14k/yr costs. They did not think it applied to them…….

5. ann summers says:

we are now in a very strange place

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

6. Louise Mensch is reporting the press got the full GLOMAR treatment from Feinstein. Something is afoot. The pucker factor in two national capitals is now set at 14. On the other hand, amateurs have no idea what they are wading into until the alligators are already chomping down on their butts.

• Terry Welshans says:

The meeting with Comey took place not just behind closed doors, but within a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF)

7. “It’s only funny because it’s treason.” – Stephen Colbert

8. Terry Welshans says:

Film at 11.

9. Russell says:

Looks interesting. I hope a good case can be mustard to correct the Treason committed.