Why Trump won’t quit. He can’t.

by Chuck StanleyPast due account

Since last November 9, there has been widespread speculation, complete with polls and betting pools, whether Trump will last six months or a year. There has been speculation whether he might resign, or be removed from office by Congress.

I do not have any inside information, and even if I did, I would not reveal it. However, I am not an amateur armchair analyst.  I have been doing what I do for more than four decades, and in that time, I have met some interesting people.  The word “interesting” is used in the broadest sense of the word.  Suffice it to say that in some circles, they don’t care for me at all. During my almost half century of forensic work, I have encountered some of the most dangerous and cunning people you never want to meet. I have learned a lot from them.

That leads up to what I am going to say next. It is speculative, and my crystal ball is in the shop for repairs. However, I have a pretty good record when it comes to analyzing a situation and building a profile.  This is how I see it.

Trump’s problem is that he cannot step down or resign. Impeachment or the 25th Amendment might even have drastic consequences for him far beyond removal from office.  To borrow a line from an old Tennessee Ernie Ford song, Trump “owes his soul to the Company store.”

He could not borrow money anywhere. His FICO score must be in negative numbers. He stiffed Deutsche Bank for millions; I saw one report placing the figure at about $3 million.  The only places he could borrow money was from a Russian bank and/or that bank in Cyprus.  They were willing to lend him as much as he needed wanted.  When one borrows from the Russian mob Mafia Bank, they have this very effective collection agency, so that a return on their investment is assured.

I see in the news that he recently “sold” an apartment to a Chinese person, Xiao Yan Chen, who is allegedly connected to the Chinese intelligence community.  Sale price, reportedly $15.8 million.  According to Zillow, the apartment is worth about $14.3 million.

If Trump resigns, the people he owes will not get a return on their investment. They won’t like that.

If he is impeached or removed via the 25th Amendment, the collection agency is going to take that personally.

If he is indicted and tried for treason, that can’t possibly end well–in more ways than one.

Recall that we recently learned Gen. Michael Flynn was fired from his job as National Security Adviser when the news was leaked that he had been paid a half million dollars by Turkey.  According to Bill Palmer of the Palmer Report, Flynn now finds himself in the position of Turkey demanding he return their money, since they did not get the services they paid for. The ball goes around and around, where it lands, nobody knows.

One other thing; the way that particular collection agency works, the debtor’s family is also regarded as collateral for the loan.

There is no way out for him. At least none that I can see.

About Chuck Stanley

Dr. Charlton (Chuck) Stanley is a board certified forensic psychologist, with interests in aviation psychology, peace officer selection and training, ethics and communication skills.
This entry was posted in China, Conspiracy, Corruption, Government, Russia, Turkey and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Why Trump won’t quit. He can’t.

1. wordcloud9 says:

Trump is also using our country as collateral for his loans. But there are remedies for the American people, if Congress has the guts to use them. If they don’t, then we’d better elect a lot more Democrats in 2018.

• That was the whole point. As I pointed out in a reply to Terry’s post, the WH is freaking out because Lt. Gen. McMaster replaced their young so-called expert on the NSC with his own expert. They absolutely want to keep their person in place on the NSC.

2. Po says:

Keep your eyes on Mike Pence, whatever is happening is happening through him. He is either Trump’s maid, to clean up after him, or Trump’s Brutus, to stab him in the back.
    I say the latter.

3. bigfatmike says:

And Jared Kushner’s $400 million deal with the Chinese is just business – right?

OKEY DOKEY. Why sure. Of course I believe that.

4. rafflaw says:

I vote for the collection agency stepping in after the impeachment!

5. ann summers says:

so the nation is stuck for approximately 1400 more days of GOP/Trump running amok, killing all those agency/program shibboleths … NEH, NEA, EPA, Education, school lunches, meals on wheels

• I don’t think he will leave voluntarily, for the reasons given. However, I think congress will act before he burns the place down completely. Even then, there are going to be True Believers who will hold out past the bitter end.

Sounds like Donnie is stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Our next selection for your listening pleasure is the worlds smallest violin playing “It couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.”

On an unrelated note, I’m in the middle of binge watching “The West Wing”. It got me wondering what the Secret Services code name for trump is.

• Here is what sources have given media outlets such as The Daily Caller.
      Donald Trump = Mogul
      Melania Trump = Muse
      Ivanka Trump = Marvel
      Eric Trump = Marksman
      Donald, Jr. = Mountaineer
      Mike Pence = Hoosier
      Karen Pence = Hummingbird
      Code names for Tiffany and Barron have not been made, or if they have, are not known.

If they were Navy pilots, nicknames and call signs are not chosen by the individual, but given by their new squadron mates when they first come on board. I have an idea newly minted Naval Aviators would have chosen much different call signs.

7. travelforaircraft says:

A great analysis Chuck. Aspects illustrated I had not thought of and thank you. I am constantly amazed, being in Florida, how folks who have not done a lick of public service in their lives, and in financial situations that would have most of us in prison, are elected to high offices. I suppose that says something of us as well as the system.

8. Russell says:

The quote that Trump made when DB sued to collect it’s money, he said: “Well you know who you lent the money to.’ He then Countersued for a billion in reputation damage.

I am betting on John McCain and Graham to take it to the next level.

9. RTC says:

During the election I thought there was a chance that Trump had gotten into the race for the Secret Service protection from precisely the type of debt collection you’re talking about. By the time he finishes his first term, I reckon he’ll have not paid off his debts to those creditors, the way things are going, but earned a piece of that half trillion dollar oil deal in Russia.

My crystal ball says Congress won’t move to impeach until after health care is done. Then they can saddle him with the legislation and he’ll be the face of the ACA replacement in time for the midterm election, when Republicans will try to run away from Trump as gingerly as possible. We’ll start hearing Congressional members buzzwording impeachment as they look to quell anger among constituents; impeachment will distract attention away from a lousy AHCA.

In terms of any health care legislation Congress may send to Trump, he’ll be obligated to sign it, regardless of how it squares, or doesn’t square, with promises he’s made in the past because Republicans may decide to start conducting some real investigations into his nexus of ties. And we were worried about Flynn being blackmailed.

10. In the text of this story, I used the charge of treason as a possibility. In reality, that is not likely to fly legally, since the Constitution is clear on the point that treason occurs during war. There must be a declared enemy. We don’t have a declared enemy, and it would be unwise for congress to declare Russia, China, Turkey or any other country a declared enemy. That would be an Act of War under international law.

Recall that the Rosenbergs were not tried and executed for treason. They were convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage.

There is scant case law for treason. For example, Cramer was reversed by the SCOTUS. Cramer v. United States, 325 U.S. 1 (1945)

Aaron Burr was charged and tried for treason, but the court decided the only charges that would stick were misdemeanors in Ohio.

As almost everyone knows, a prosecutor can throw every charge in the books at a defendant. Andrew Jackson made a big deal of charging Burr with treason. Overcharging is common. Making the charge stick is is quite another matter. Should it come to that, IMHO, the charge that is most likely to stick is espionage and conspiracy to commit espionage. Money laundering and tax evasion may also be in the mix.

11. rafflaw says:

Otteray,
    I just saw this article on Facebook!!